"Ditwitties" (word coined from ditty and witty) are short metered rhyming, mostly humorous poems about the human condition.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

An Alarming Situation

                    The alarm goes off and I turn over in bed,
                    Curl into a ball, and cover my head.
                    With all of my soul I don't want to get up
                    But the alarm keeps on ringing; it refuses to let up.

                    That incessant and bothersome beep beep beep beep
                    Is seriously impinging on my once peaceful sleep.
                    My hand sets out on a mission to seek and destroy
                    That hellish contraption built just to annoy.

                    But my hand can not find it, can't feel where it lies
                    So it comes down to this: I must open my eyes.
                    I open one eye and let in some light
                    As the sleep that I cherish begins to take flight.

                    And I see with a shock and a feeling of gloom
                    That the alarm sits on the other side of the room.
                    Now that nasty, squawking box just has to go
                    So I frantically look for something to throw.

                    Two shoes and one book later, I admit to my shame
                    That I must fully wake up  if  I'm going to aim.            
                    I've lost the battle to that thing that I hate.
                    It woke me up though I'm two hours late.

No comments:

Post a Comment